Are you willing to have a YouTube channel, where you can post your videos then this article is for you? Kindly read up to learn the process of creating a YouTube channel.
YouTube is one online service where you get to enjoy different videos, listen to music that you love, and upload your content to share with family, friends, and the world at large.
How to create a YouTube channel.
I would be showing you how to create a personal YouTube channel and also a channel for your business or brand.
- Log in into your YouTube on your mobile phone OR click https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCh6Vk4iivx7B2QGHsUJZniA
- Select the user icon at the right top of the screen
- Select the gear icon to get your YouTube account settings
- click create a new channel
- Choose a name for your account
- Click create.
BUSINESS OR BRAND CHANNEL.
Note. If you want to create a business or brand channel you shouldn’t use your personal Gmail account to create it rather you use your business or brand Gmail account and if you don’t have a Gmail account for your business or brand, then you can use the link here to create one now www.gmail.com
- Sign in to your YouTube on your pc or mobile phone
- Click on your profile at the top right of your screen
- Select my channel from the list below
- Click on business or another name
- Enter the name of your business or brand
- Click on customize channel ( click on the channel icon to upload your profile i.e. business logo, upload your channel art i.e. the big rectangular area at the top of your YouTube channel, give short description on your business or brand )
- Add managers to your YouTube channels (if you have assistance to help you manage your channel).
- Your YouTube channel is ready for use.
How to monetize your YouTube channel.
Before you can be able to monetize your channel there are requirements you need to up which would enable you to apply and be granted approval if not you won’t be able to monetize your channel. These requirements are, your channel should have at least 4000 hours of watch time within a year and several 1000 subscribers. Once you have all these in place then you can now apply for monetization.
Follow the steps below to apply.
- Click on the icon at the top right corner of your screen
- Select my channel
- Select YouTube Studio(beta)
- Click on other features > monetization
- Click on start
After following all these processes to apply, accept the YouTube partner program then sign up for AdSense or connect an existing account.
This process would take up to 30 days to be approved so you have to be patient.